On Wednesday I had a third interview for that new opportunity I’ve been exploring as of late. This was a face to face interview at the facility where I saw the product and their controls.
I think the interview went well.
It was with the director of operations who would be my boss. It was at the end of the day so everyone else had basically left the building. We spent close to 1.5 hours talking about the product, current processes, audit findings, visions for future development, etc. We also had frank discussions about their concerns that their place is too small for me and about why I’m looking for a change.
Overall I’m still excited about the opportunity. There are lots of positives: it’s medical device, a useful product, fairly simple product lines, small manufacturing site, good business partnerships, fancy tech, positive growth even during Covid, chance for international travel, etc. And as things continue to get shittier where I work, I am desperate for a change of scene.
The only potential sticking point is salary, as it’s going to be a pay cut from what I currently make. The rest of the benefits appear fairly standard from what was in the job description. I’m hoping to get an offer soon which will detail all of that information. (I’ve already done an extensive pro/con list, so I’m just waiting for details).
Now I’m in that waiting mode. Do they want me? We’re they impressed enough? What will I do if they do offer?
My tummy is all oogy thinking about it.