Morning! And happy “Perfect Date” day!
So, I make my own beard oils. It’s not hard, and I like being able to mix things up a bit from a scent perspective. And I keep the scent profiles pretty simple– usually only two essential oils combined.
For carrier oils, I use a combination of jojoba and sweet almond oils. Sometimes argan.
For essential oils I have choices of the following: cypress, cedar, lime, tangerine, bergamot, cardamom, spruce, vanilla, sandalwood, tea tree, eucalyptus, ylang ylang, lavender and I may be forgetting one or two.
Combinations that I quite like are as follows:
1) cedar and bergamot. Totally “guy” smelling. Perfect for a beard.
2) sandalwood and tangerine. Spicy resin and exotic citrus. One of my absolute faves.
3) cedar and lime. Old school classic. Guys have commented on this scent when I wear it.
4) tea tree and ylang ylang. Odd combo of camphor resin and orient floral. It’s relaxing. Sometimes I use it before bed.
5) cedar and vanilla. Sweet and intoxicating as vanilla can be very alluring.
6) cedar and spruce. Very woodsy.
7) sandalwood and cardamom. Indian exotic and spicy sweet.
8) cedar and lavender. Sweet and nice, good balance of floral and woodsy.
9) tea tree and vanilla. Bizarre combo that ends up smelling like earth in a botanical garden. Seriously.
Oh, and yeah. I cut my hair pretty short– doing the “daddy thing”.