I never celebrate New Years– at least not in the traditional sense. It’s basically “amateur night” for drinkers so yeah. I avoid that. Instead, I use New Year’s Eve to tidy up loose ends and to refocus myself.
So I stayed in, reflected in 2016, and prepared myself for 2017. Some of the shit I did yesterday:
As is tradition with me, I spent New Year’s Eve day doing the following:
– all my pending laundry
– cleaning out fridge of old containers and washing shelves
– vacuuming, dusting, and generally cleaning condo (Including sinks, toilets, baseboards, taking out recycling, etc)
– purging unsalvagable clothes, shoes, and randomly saved crap
– reorganizing my bedroom closet (I’ll never be happy with it until I get a California closet)
– fixing my toilet flapper
– conditioning the leather on my couch/bed
– cutting my hair
– shaving and trimming beard
– working out
– running errands (got a new lamp shade, ink for my printer, cat fud, dinner)
– eliminating the redundant dimmers and extension cords for lamps now that I have Hue bulbs.
– creating and printing my resolutions
– playing some music (Satie and Debussy)
– finishing the Gilmore Girls year in the life thing on Netflix
As far as 2016 goes, I had a decent year overall. Work was kind of poopy, but manageable and I’m still employed and in good financial shape. My parents had health things, but are generally ok. I went to Denver and had a transformative gay chorus experience. My weight isn’t where I want it to be, but I’m generally healthy. I’m musically active.
I have crap to work on in 2017, and I’m expecting some challenges. But all in all I say, “Bring it on.”