Yeah yeah, I know my blog posts have been behind. But I’m trying to catch up. This is the last post of 2014ish.
So– New Year’s. Not my favorite holiday. I’m not a big drinker, and it always feels stale and anticlimactic. Same countdown. Same song. And the whole thing being basically done at midnight.
So my tradition is to end the year strong and use it as a springboard to betterness in the coming year. I use the day to do things I want to do more of in the next 365. For example, this year I did the following:
– cleaned out my fridge and sanitized it
– took 3 bags of clothes and some housewares to Goodwill
– reorganized my bedroom closet
– cleaned my condo
– practiced my trombone
– played the piano
– cut my hair
– worked out
– practiced vocal music for the gig on The 1st
– finished and posted my resolutions list
So, all in all not a bad way to celebrate the end of the old year and beginning of the next.
And yes, I am a firm believer in making New Year’s Resolutions. They’re more “goals” than anything and I try to cover the major facets of my life: health, financial, personal growth.
Things that made my list include:
– getting my weight down to 210
– better eating (5 fruits/veggies– less pizza)
– doing yoga at least 1x per week
– arranging a piece for OutLoud!
– rolling over my old 401K
– learning everyone’s name in Chorus
– being a better Buddhist
And more! This is just an abbreviated list, as I have an entire page of items. Most of the resolutions have time tables associated with them, too (as true goals should). The list then gets posted on my fridge do I see it every day.
Did everyone else have a good New Year’s? Any resolutions you want to share?