Mo’vember

So evidently the “grow a mustache in November to raise prostate cancer awareness” is still a thing. How big a thing, I’m not sure. But I have decided to participate.

In a way.

Winter is rapidly approaching the Twinny-Apple (we’re under a winter storm advisory), so it is time for the beard to make a reappearance. And this time, we’re talking a full-on beard, not some metrosexual, close-cropped, strap thingy. Or my attempt at what I think a beard should look like on my face.

Nope, this time I want a rugged, masculine, real beard. A Viking beard– sans braids. A beard that will look good in a stocking cap. A beard I can comb. That kind of beard.

But not unibomber, ZZ Top, or Al Qaeda style– cuz that’s just creepy.

Yes, I know the “mo” stands for “moustache”, but c’mon. Me in just a mustache?? That’s just not a good look. Nor is it a good look for 98% of men. You have to look like Tom Selleck or Sam Elliot to pull off the lip caterpillar decently.

And is it mustache or moustache? Evidently Siri prefers the American spelling. Although that would make this month Mu’vember, which doesn’t have the same ring to it.

Anyway- this month I’ll be growing out my beard. And I think I will also find a barber to trim my neckline, as no matter how hard I try, I just can’t seem to find the proper neckline for my face shape and chin/neck. I always seem to fuck it up.

Now, who’s with me?!?

Advertisements

About cb

Nickname: Munt Measurements: 45 B, 34, 38(?) Ambition: to be the best human ever! Turn ons: long walks on the beach, romantic dinners, porn, rainbows, cock Turn offs: bad smell face, men who are full of themselves, dead puppies, popcorn, sadness
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Mo’vember

  1. Partick says:

    I am going to ignore your comment about mustaches not being a good look and simply wish you well on your effort. I wouldn’t trust a barber to trim your neck line. For all you know they could be a boy-band fan that thinks the chin-strap is uber-urban chic. If I remember correctly, the last time you did the beard you trimmed at the jaw-line. Bad move. Trim a smoot/rounded arc along the line or crease where the underside of your chin (chins for some) meets your neck above the adam’s apple. If you’re having a hard time visualising this, take a string and drape it from each side of your jaw below your ear lobes.

    That’s my two cents.

    • cb says:

      I still maintain 98% of men who try just a mustache don’t pull it off. But the other 2% (which you are in)– hubba hubba!! But then you know this. 😉

      Yes, I trimmed too high last time, but that was from advice that my face shape needs a close trim beard– which doesn’t work with my weak chin.

      So after much online research, I have a much lower neckline currently– and a higher cheek line. We’ll see how it goes.

  2. Dood says:

    The mil does Mustache March…Sad really that most men look like a cross between 70s porn actors and child molesters with their creepy lip pubes.

  3. Chip says:

    That look just wouldn’t work for me, mi amigo.

  4. Blobby says:

    can’t i just shave my beard into a fu man chu and be done w it? I’m not willing to shave it all off to begin again.

  5. mike says:

    for someone who shave only once a week, i started the beginning of october just to make sure i have a baby hair mustache the beginning of movember. LOL!!

  6. Mark in DE says:

    The light color and lack of fullness to my beard just makes it not work for me. I had a goatee (vandyke) for a while but it just didn’t look good for the afore-mentioned reasons. But I look forward to seeing YOU with a full beard. Hubba hubba!!

  7. RG says:

    When the Red Sox started their run for the World Series title, the team started growing their beards. I was way ahead of the curve – I started growing mine way back on Labor Day weekend. Of course it’s all white – thanks genetics! But it looks good – nice and full. Kind of “Daddy-ish” especially with my salt (mostly salt) and pepper hair. Good luck with the facial hair.

    Did you ever notice that some guys who try to grow a beard look like the Wolfman in transition and never quite get there? LOL

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s