Lately I’ve been sort of unhappy with my bed. It was just sort of… Blah. Sort of meh.
Not at all epic.
Which started me on an intense Internet search for a new bed. Where I found several expensive options that I quite liked. Most recently this:
Now this is an epic bed!
Yet also expensive.
And one of my New Years resolutions is to be more frugal, or at least not wasteful with buying shit I don’t need. And I have a perfectly decent bed.
Decent and boring.
No flair. And it just didn’t fit my whimsical/eclectic loft design.
So my mind began to work. I could tweak my current bed to amp it up some. I might be able to add some architectural detail– and I could certainly paint it a glossy, fun color.
I went to this architectural salvage store on Saturday and found this Art Deco wood piece that had obviously been in a fire.
I bought it and attached it to my headboard, like thus:
And then I found the paint color (high gloss) and started painting:
Bee tee dubs, gloss paint sucks to work with. It runs everywhere and doesn’t like to stick well to veneer wood products.
But after a few coats and much cleanup, I ended with this:
I’m now loving my bed. Because it’s unique a d it’s mine. I put my creative stamp on it. And it works in my space.
I think it’s cool as hell, if I do say so myself.
And all for a grand total of about $70.
I call him “Neptune”.
Now if only I can find someone to help test drive him.