Memorial Day marked my first day off work since New Years, and also my first 3-day weekend since then.
And boy was I busy!
Here’s how I filled my weekend.
– Friday after work I took my car in for regularly scheduled maintenance.
– I also managed to delacquer my trombone (see previous post). It’s awesome.
– Saturday I ran errands with Kyle, which included ordering the tile for my backsplash.
– Saturday also entailed an IKEA run, where I got a cow rug for my bedroom:
– I managed to break the footboard of my bed while positioning the rug, so I fixed it with gorilla glue and wood screws. Now it should be able to withstand… Things. Ahem.
– I finally got my wrought iron planter planted; I chose day lilies.
– On Sunday Detrick and I went to the Twins game then out for dinner with Robert & Matt (friends from Iowa who came up for the weekend)
– I cleaned my place, including dusting and steam mopping.
– I managed to workouts, including a 5 mile run on Monday.
– I practiced my horns, including my like-new trombone. It sounds great, btw.
– And I finished reading a book, watched MI:4, and had sex. Not all at the same time of course.
Phew! I think I need a day off from my days off.