I’m a new year resolutions kind of guy. I do them every year.
I’m very formal about them, making them measureable goals with timeframes, etc. I even type them up, print them out, and tack them to my fridge.
As far as last years goals are concerned, I did ok. My weight fluctuated too much to be a success, and I didn’t complete my composition like I was hoping to. But I did quite well on most of the others.
Here is a smattering of my resolutions for 2009:
1) achieve 205# by March 1st
2) get doctor set up by January 31st
3) start higher yield savings account by mid January.
4) find a dentist by April 1st
5) replace car windshield by may 1st
6) finish “4 Horsemen” by august 26th
7) complete novel rough draft by December 1st
8) visit Paris/Europe before 40th birthday
9) acquire a boyfriend by December 31st
Most of these I think are doable- except #9. But you should always have a “stretch goal”, right?